Barista Technology Australia are one of Australia’s fastest growing café technology companies and have experienced steep growth over the past two years leading to a recent expansion in our premises and team.
Barista Technology Australia provides sales, support, and service for specialty coffee equipment users in both the commercial and high-end home users.
On the commercial side, Barista Technology Australia works with some of the largest roasters and coffee chains in Australia so are looking to bring on a local service technician to cover our SE Qld clients needs.
At its core, this position is best described as a Service Technician, with a technical and customer-service focus. But, there is more potential for what this title covers within the role of the company. The candidate that accepts the position will be part of an existing small service team so there will be plenty of support for the responsibilities of the position. We want to find a great intersection between what the business needs with the specific skills you would bring to the job and are excited to use.
What you will encounter in the position:
- Repair and service of specialty espresso and coffee equipment. This will take place in the field and in-house
- Developing detailed repair guides. Both PDF and possibly video guides
- Equipment R&D
- Equipment refurbishment
- Inventory management
- Some shipping and receiving
- Customer interfacing (often while working on equipment)
- Barista Knowledge: Dialling in a good shot of espresso.
- Physical Knowledge: Candidates should know how to lift things. 80-120kg machines will have to be moved, either through innate strength or knowing how to utilise safe handling protocols.
- Self-Direction: Person should be self-directing and able to shift gears day to day.
- Creative Thinking Skills: This position will require someone that likes to have a variety of tasks, able to switch between tasks, and can think and problem-solve creatively.
- Able to service, repair, and problem-solve in both quiet and bustling environments.
- Having your own tools is not a must but certainly doesn’t hurt.
- Schedule Flexibility: The work week schedule is quite flexible and will require some evenings and weekends (coffee equipment never sleeps). This isn’t to say that there can’t be coordination and stability with the schedule, this is mostly a M-F 8-4 position.
- Customer-Facing Experience: Even if you have not had a job that would be considered “customer service” this position requires someone with a personality that allows for friendly, pleasant, professional interactions, Barista Technology Australia Coffee has been built on its customer service and anyone that accepts the position will be assisting in maintaining the reputation.
- Service Technician Experience a must. Specifically with some, but not necessarily all, of the following: La Marzocco, Slayer, Nuova Simonelli, Mazzer, Mahlkonig, Puqpress, Perfect Moose, and Flow will be trained in-house as these are our main products
- Restricted electrical licence
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to read manuals, parts diagrams, and wiring schematics
- Innate curiosity to want to figure out how things work
- A love of learning
- A love of coffee
- A desire to be part of a growing company.
I am fond of saying “If I had time to train you, I wouldn’t need to hire you.” This is only true to a certain extent. There is always more to learn, whether on the job, in interactions with co-workers and customers, or through structured, scheduled training. With the position will come opportunities to learn more, whether on existing equipment you are unfamiliar with or with new emerging companies and machines. I believe we never stop learning and support the continuing accumulation of knowledge.
As Barista Technology Australia grows, my hope is that the person that joins the team now will be an integral part of how it grows. There are lots of possibilities for the company right now and, with the right person, we can see many of them come to life.
Job Type: Full Time/Salaried (40 hours per week)
Salary: Competitive. Based on Experience
Benefits: Fully maintained company vehicle supplied
Start Date: ASAP
For more info please contact email@example.com